Melbourne Sports & Allied Health Clinic specialises in the sport science application of physiology, biochemistry, nutrition; biomechanics; and the application of training principles, techniques, and recovery practices to assist athlete’s reach optimal performance and prevent injury in sport.
You will be guided by Dr Simon Sostaric, one of the world’s leading sport scientists. Our practitioners observe and abide by high standards of inter-professional practice; quality control in athlete assessment; the duty of care of athletes; an understanding and application of doping legislation; and an understanding of the procedures and the ethics of fair play in sport.
- Metabolic responses, aerobic power (VO2max), anaerobic threshold, heart rate, power output, blood lactate responses during sub-maximal and maximal exercise.
- Running & cycling economy evaluation
- Body composition
- Thermoregulatory demands during sport & exercise – core and skin temperature; sweating & electrolyte responses to changing environmental conditions
- Hydration analysis
- Blood biochemistry – monitor training or nutritional adaptations; identifying incomplete or altered recovery status; muscle damage or overtraining syndrome
- Heat and hypoxic acclimation programs
- Endurance sports
- Young athlete training and competition loads